- Special Features: 12 in.(L) x 9. 4 5 in.(W); ATX. 4 DIMMs w/ DDR 400 upto 4 GB. 1 AGP 8X; 5 PCI; 8 USB. 8 Ch. Audio; Dual Gb LAN; IEEE 1394; RAID; SATA; ATA133. Live Update; Fuzzy Logic; PC Alert; MSI CoreCell; MSI CoreCenter; DOT , DigiCell; nVidia Firewall. CPU: Supports 64-bit AMD® AthlonTM 64FX/64 processor (Socket 939). Supports 3000+ (D0), 3200+ (D0), 3500+, 3800+, 4000+, FX53 and FX55.
- Chipset: nVIDIA® nForce3 Ultra Chipset. HyperTransport link to the AMD Athlon 64/Athlon 64FX CPU. HyperTransport supporting speed up to 1GHz (2000MT/s). AGP3.0 8X interface at 533MT/s (million transfers per second). Two independent SATA controllers, for four drives. IEEE 802.3 NVIDIA MAC for 1000BASE-T. Dual Fast ATA-133 IDE controllers.
- Main Memory: Supports dual channel DDR 266/333/400, using four 184-pin DDR DIMMs. Supports the memory size up to 4GB. Supports 2.5v DDR SDRAM DIMM. Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability. Example: Kingston HyperX DDR500 PC4000 operates at 2.65V, 3-4-4-8, CL=3. For more information about specification of high performance memory modules, please check with your Memory Manufactures for more details.
- DIMM Module Combination: Install at least one DIMM module on the slots. Each DIMM slot supports up to a maximum size of 1GB. Users can install either single- or double-sided modules to meet their own needs. Please note that each DIMM can work respectively for singlechannel DDR, but there are some rules while using dual-channel DDR (Please refer to the suggested DDR population table below). Users may install memory modules of different type and density on different-channel DDR DIMMs. However, the same type and density memory modules are necessary while using dual-channel DDR, or instability may happen.
- MSI Reminds You…Dual-channel DDR works ONLY in the 3 combinations listed in the table shown in the previous page. Please select the identical memory modules to install on the dual channel, and DO NOT install three memory modules on three DIMMs, or it may cause some failure. Always insert the memory modules into the GREEN slots first, and it is strongly recommended not to insert the memory modules into the PURPLE slots while the GREEN slots are left empty. This mainboard DO NOT support the memory module installed with more than 18 pieces of IC (integrated circuit). The Maximum memory speed decreases when the following two memory combination is selected: Each channel is installed with two double-sided memory module. Both DIMM1 and DIMM3 are installed with double-sided memory modul. Due to the South Bridge resource deployment, the system density will only be detected up to 3+ GB (not full 4GB) when each DIMM is installed with an 1GB memory module.
* One AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 1.5V 4X/8X slot
* Five 32-bit v2.3 Master PCI bus slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
* An IDE controller on the nVIDIA nForce3 Ultra chipset provides IDE HDD/CD-ROM with PIO, Bus Master and Ultra DMA133/100/66 operation modes.
o Can connect up to 4 IDE devices
* Supports 4 SATA ports. Transfer rate is up to 150MB/s
* NV RAID (Software)
* Supoprt up to 4 SATA & 4 ATA133 Hard drives
o RAID 0 or 1, 0+1, JBOD is supported
o RAID function work w/ATA133 + SATA H/D
? The mainboard BIOS provides “Plug & Play” BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
? The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface (DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.
* 7.1 channel audio codec RealTek ALC850.
o Compliance with AC97 v2.3 Spec.
o Meet PC2001 audio performance requirement.
* Supports dual LAN jacks
o 1 LAN supports 10/100/1
Msi desktop motherboard
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum MS-7025 Motherboard from Compaq GX5050
List Price: $ 279.99